Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chapter 18 :)

Chapter eighteen-Suspicions
I awoke with a massive headache, silence in the room buzzing in an unswerving manner. I squeezed my eyes to give strength to open them, and the room was dark. I recognized it as the living room couch of my house, with only one lamp on. The dim lights cast shadows over everything like monsters creeping. My head throbbed, and I felt a weight pulling me down around my neck. I looked down to see a silver chain with a shimmering gem.
“You awoke earlier than I expected.” My mother’s voice soothed my headache slightly. “Normally, its a few days.”
“Wha-?” I looked around to see her in a cushioned chair. “What happened? What is this?” I looked down towards the necklace.
“Protection.”
“From what?” I sat aghast. How could she be so calm, in such an outlandish moment?
“Let’s just say… Powers.” She replied.
“P-what?” I held my head in my hands, trying to calm the pain. “Powers..? What are you talking about? What powers?”
My mother cleared her throat. “Just normality. You just ported in a wrong way…”
I looked at her strangely. “Is that all that happened?” I remembered the huge bang.
“Well, there were slight complications. However, it’s all over now. You must keep the amulet on, until you are ready to take it off. When you do, you will know.”
“Slight complications?”
She sighed, and I noticed her rubbing her temples through the dim lights of the room. “Why, Mary, do you have to make everything so hard to answer? No. There were no complications. I was mistaken. Go to bed.”
“Go to bed?” I yelped. “You think I’m just going to ignore the fact I got knocked out for no reason, and nobody is telling me what truly happened?”
  “Yes.”
I glared at her. “Tell me what happened!”
My mother crossed her arms, and I could see her foot tapping angrily. “Cyrus Drake brought you here. Headmaster Ambrose arrived late, but Cyrus and me…”
“Mother…” I said cautiously.
“We didn’t… Understand our… Ah, opinions.
“You mean you had a fight?” I gasped, rather taken back by the tone of her voice. She was searching for words, as though hiding something!
“No, nothing like that. More like an interruption or memorization.” She looked far away, her eyes scrutinizing the time.   
“Like what?”
“We knew each other once… It’s all over now. He won’t remember. Just keep that amulet on, and you will be fine."
Fine? Things were starting to get out of hand. From now on, I take things in my power to figure out what is going on. No more asking questions with no answers- its time to find out things in my own perspective.
 I sighed.
Its time to visit the Wizard City Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment