Friday, September 9, 2011

Chapter three :)

Chapter three-Malistaire Drake
I stayed in the dark as I followed the Headmaster. At the end of the tunnel, lay
Golem Court
. Surprisingly, nothing seemed to be wrong. The only thing that was different was that there were no students roaming around, just the Headmaster, his owl and I. This scared me slightly, but I knew I was safe with the Headmaster. All I needed to figure out was what was happening. I had a little feeling in my gut that this was more than it seemed.
A large explosion blasted out from the highest point of the tower in
Golem Court
. I looked up and saw that the large window up there was shattered, and I saw dust of glass raining down on us. I shielded myself, and the glass fell like snow, harmless. I looked up again, and saw a tall shadow move in the window. Did I imagine that?
The Headmaster shook off some glass off his robe, and rushed into the tower with his owl. I hurried after them, sticking my foot in the door right before it closed. I slipped in, and closed the door silently. The sound of the door closing did not come; instead there was a small sound. I turned around, and only saw the door closing. Nothing was there. It was a strange moment, but I had no time to spare. I turned back around and looked up, and saw that there was a staircase, and that the Headmaster was already half way up. I shrunk short, and climbed up the stairs like a spider, as I tried not to be seen. I went up a step when the Headmaster went up a step. The Headmaster finished walking up the first landing, and he turned the corner. I climbed up the rest of the stairs silently as possible, and I peaked around the corner of the landing. In horror, I saw Headmaster Ambrose, staring face to face to the person I have read about in history books. The person whom messed up the Ravenwood Death school building, which I had never seen before, but it has been said in books that it had been absolutely ripped from Ravenwood. This was the man who did it all. Malistaire Drake was the man standing there, dark as night and cruel as death itself. He had the equally powerful sensation of Ambrose, but this power was different- it was evil.
“What business do you have here, Malistaire? “ The Headmaster growled. His voice made my body shiver. Gamma, his owl, whom was no match for any magic, flew out the shattered window.
“Nothing that you should know about until it’s already done.” Malistaire snarled.
“You know whatever evil you possess here, it will not be permitted.”
“Like I would care about your ridiculous rules, Ambrose. I’m younger, more powerful, and I know much, much more than you.” Malistaire growled back.
“You may have to prove this, wouldn’t you?” Ambrose said quietly.
“Ah, old man you are no match for me. I know you hate fighting, the blood and the flesh! I think I may end it for you, today, at this spot!” Malistaire whipped out his wand, and waved it in a quick circle. Behind him, two small looking dragons appeared, and they looked mean. Very mean.
The dragons had smooth red skin, slick and slimy looking. They had slumped human bodies, with wings protruding out of their shoulder blades. Their faces sprouted sharp, red knives on their cheekbones; instead of a mouth they had a beaked mouth.
I thought the Headmaster would do the same, but instead he was casting spells I never saw before. A fiery water Phoenix, or some kind of source of bird, rushing water crashing against Malistaire, and then he made the water freeze upon him. Malistaire’s cage of ice didn’t last for long, because he made the ice explode into knifes, throwing them at the Headmaster tens by tens. His minions seem to sit and watch, awed even by the Headmaster’s power. Perhaps they had been told that he was weak.
The Headmaster twirled, and he melted the knives by fire rushing out of his wand. However, when the Headmaster twirled, he caught a glimpse of me looking out behind the wall. He shouted something, and I realized I had distracted him from the fight. Malistaire blew Ambrose across the room with his wand, and before the Headmaster could get up, the Dragons were on him.
No!” It was too late before I realized that I screamed. I ran over to the Dragons and tried to pry them off of the Headmaster. They both turned on me, and I backed away, frightened. I didn’t know how to fight! I didn’t even know what I did to Richard! I should have stayed back…
I waved my new wand like I did when I blasted Richard across the room, but my wand betrayed me and only a few sparks came out. How could I have let this happen? My mother wouldn’t be able to take on my death… I would never know the feeling of learning my first spell, having my first kiss, graduating from Ravenwood…. One of the dragons opened its mouth, breathing in for my fiery fate-.
Stop!” The voice was loud, and I realized that it was Malistaire whom had shouted. Ambrose was dazed, leaning on the wall in the far corner. The Dragons both bolted away from me, and I forced myself to turn around to face the man whom will truly kill me. However, why did he stop the Dragons from doing so?
Malistaire’s face was hard and surprisingly shocked. His skin was extremely pale against his black hair, and it almost looked rather familiar. He had a different sensation over me when he stared me down, still evil, but not harmful. What was going to happen to me?
Malistaire glanced at the Dragons, and whipped his wand in the same circle like pattern he did when he summoned them. Both the Dragons disappeared in a cloud of red smoke. Malistaire did not look at me, and only said few words.
“You’re Alive.”
I looked up at the supposed spot where Malistaire was standing, however, he was no longer there. In fact, he wasn’t in the room at all. He must have left, teleported away, but it was silent.
I crawled over to the Headmaster, unhurt, and shook him. The Headmaster woke up from his strange sleepiness, perhaps a curse awoken from Malistaire, and he looked at me like I was the most amazing thing in the world.
“He didn’t take you.” He whispered. He put his old hand up to my face, as if feeling if I was actually real. “He didn’t take you, nor kill you, not even hurt you!”
“I-“How was I supposed to explain what Malistaire said to me? ‘You’re Alive’?  Yes, I was alive! I am moving and talking, and yet why did Malistaire say those words? Malistaire is a killer, not a saver.
Somebody burst through the room, and I saw Richard running over to me. He looked shocked at the sight of me, and I wondered how I looked right now. Dirty from the floor, holding Headmaster Ambrose in my arms in the corner of the room. Even I would be scared of myself.
“What happened?”  He gasped. I saw a large welt on the side of his head from the spell I cast on him.
“Sorry.” I mumbled. He looked at me for a second, and then realized what I was talking about.
“Oh, it’s nothing.” He rubbed his head and winced.
“Help me with the Headmaster.” I told him
He helped me lift the Headmaster up, but then the Headmaster pushed away from us, clearly able to walk.
“Whoa.” I gasped. “Headmaster, how did you heal so fast?”
“I’m experienced in life magic.” The Headmaster answered quietly. I knew I was in trouble. Good job, I told myself-great first day of school!
“Headmaster Ambrose?” I said quietly as well. “I’m really sorry… I just wanted to know what was going on and I felt left out so I cast some spell on Richard that made him go flying-“
“You sent him flying?” The Headmaster asked, shocked.
“I know! I’m so sorry!” Tears were filling my eyes.
“No, no it’s ok.” Ambrose patted me on the head. “It’s your first day, you didn’t know better. However, I don’t know how you had so much power to blow Mr. GreenBlade across the room…”
There was an awkward silence. Both of them were wondering what I did to make Malistaire go away, when I didn’t even know myself. How did I blast Richard across the room? Dunno. The only thing I do know was that I probably saved the Headmaster’s life. And I probably almost lost it, as well. It was my fault that the Headmaster got distracted, and was blown across the room and cast under a spell. It was also my fault when I saved him, somehow or some way.
“Well, we need to go.” The Headmaster said. Richard and I both took quick glances at each other, confused. Why would the Headmaster just ‘go’ right after he was almost killed? In fact, we were both almost killed. But that’s different; I’m not the one saying ‘We need to go now.’    
                                                             ~•~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment