Friday, September 9, 2011

Chapter 2 :)

 Chapter
two- Golem Court
I could see the light of an orb move towards me through my eye lids, but I dared not open my eyes. I felt a tickling sensation around my chest and then something hard and warm fall, or possibly float into my hand.
“Open your eyes, Mary.” The Headmaster spoke with a strange voice.
My eyes opened, and I saw myself holding the Balance Wand. Its wood was warm and comfortable; its citrine glowed with happiness as though it had finally found the right owner. I realized that the white orb had gone inside my chest. How right it seemed, to be so warm and good inside…
But this wasn’t right. My father had been Fire, and my mother Life. I had no balance members in my family. There was no possible way of earning the school of Balance. The only way that it is truly possible with no Balance family members whatsoever was to have one parent be Life, and one parent is Death. That wasn’t the case for me, since my father had been Fire.
I looked up at the Headmaster, and I saw something in his one eye before he smiled. Perhaps it was suspicion...?
“Congratulations! You are officially a Balance student. You must be very wise beyond your years…” The Headmaster spoke with fake trust.
Adding to my surprise of such a mysterious school receiving, the door was suddenly blasted open, and an owl came flying through the door, right above a boy whom ducked right on time. My eyes glanced from the boy over to the owl.
The boy was very handsome. Brown, messy hair with large blue eyes, along with a charming smile. The sunlight from the doorway shone upon his ivory skin, making it as though his beautiful skin was glowing. We locked eyes for a second.
I turned my attention to the owl, realizing something was urgently wrong.
“Headmaster! Headmaster!” The owl squawked.
“Gamma, what is it?”  The Headmaster closed the book, and placed it back into the drawer in lock-and-key.
“A sighting in Golem’s court! Evviilll!”
The Headmaster looked at the boy and me. “You two stay here, or you will be in grave danger.”
“But-“I started
“No, Mary.” The Headmaster’s voice was strong and strict. He looked at the boy. “Richard, you make sure that she stays here until I get back.”
Richard nodded, and I was starting to get more angry than scared. Everybody is protected when they are with the Headmaster! I wanted to see what was going on. Stupid as it sounded, I wasn’t good at situations like this. Possibly because I always have an urge not to obey.
The Headmaster whisked out of the room, his companionate owl following at his side. If I didn’t start to follow them now, I would lose track of them. I started out the door, but Richard took my wrist.
I looked at him, snarling “Let go of me.”
He didn’t even flinch. “Headmaster’s orders, you will have to do it against my will.”
I didn’t know how to cast a spell, but whatever I did with my new wand sent him flying into three piles of books scattered by the Headmaster’s desk. I wanted to say that I was sorry, but my curiosity was killing me. If I didn’t follow the Headmaster now, I would never find him.
I ran out the door, and past many wizards. Most of them had no idea what was going on, and just excused me for a little girl playing. However, this wasn’t a game to me. This was an adventure.
I couldn’t see the Headmaster anywhere, but I caught a glimpse of his owl flying fast toward
Golem Court
. It was strange that something would happen at Golem court, for it has no reason particularly to be there but to hang out. It was like a Wizard City court yard, with only one tower.
I was a fast runner, so I reached the Headmaster easily. I slipped behind a house, and waited for him to walk into the tunnel to
Golem Court
. I had to be unseen.
The Headmaster whispered something to his owl, and he walked through the tunnel to
Golem Court
. I slipped out from the house and followed him quietly into the tunnel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment