Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chapter 37 :D

Chapter thirty-seven—Hunted

 The night dawned once again, sickened by the sun and stress, I could barely sleep. However, I surprisingly fell asleep.
My mother’s face kept swimming in my dreams, sparkling grey and precious. I saw my sister, with her sweet blue eyes and bouncy brown hair.
When I wasn’t dreaming of them, it was just black, as though I was watching a screen. Then, their faces would appear once again, as though watching a television movie. I saw scenes of us, and I felt a tear go down my face in my dreams.
Suddenly, everything changed.
Then, the world became anew:
I sense there’s something in the wind; it feels like tragedy.
I was on a rooftop, and no stars glittered. The place was empty, and I’ve never seen this place before.
Then, I saw movement. I realized there was a girl, hidden in the shadows. She walked cautiously and slowly, and I heard the click of her heels. She had a cloak on, and underneath it she wore a slim-fit dress, with a corset and high heels. She wore all black. The cloak covered her head and face, only showing rainbow eyes.
Then, the girl began to speak to herself. She had a smooth, dangerous voice. “I still can’t find what keeps me here… I know your still there, through the hollowness in my soul.”
I frowned at the words she chose to use. She whipped around, as though trying to find something. I saw a sudden shine of gold, and I realized she had just obtained a bow and arrow, made of something like light.
“I know you’re watching me. Wanting me. I can feel it…”
I saw something rush past the girl, and she darted around. I saw no fear in her eyes. “I won’t let you slow me down, beast. I can smell you alive; I can feel your heart pounding in my head…”
The girl began to spin wildly, watching as the large mass of shadow darted around her, and I heard growling as frightening as a hundred dragons.
“Fearing… Loving… It’s all the same to me.” The girl smiled, her teeth were as white as the moon. She began to run, her legs moving so fast that it was a blur.
The scene changed, and I was on a different roof. It was silent, and I saw a discarded newspaper move across the metal flooring. Everything was dark; it must be midnight.
Suddenly, I saw movement. There was a dog, like Professor Wethersfield, but it was a totally different person. It wore a thick cloak and black clothes. I saw a mask on its face. It was climbing out of a window, with a sack in its hand.
A robber. Why was I seeing a thief in my dream?
The ground began to rumble, and the dog began to look around in surprise. Holding on to its sack for dear life, it seemed more desperate to keep his gold safer than him.
There was a roar, like a dinosaur, and a huge wolf jumped from over a mount of chimney’s, and in front of the dog. The dog dropped its stolen items in fear, and the wolf’s blue-ish black fur rippled in the midnight moon. Taking another leap, the wolf jumped onto the dog, and began to rip the dog’s head off. Howling in pain, it abruptly stopped when the dog’s head was thrown by the wolf’s teeth six feet away. Blood sprayed and pooled the floor as though a bucket of it was thrown across the roof.
I heard a vicious scream, and saw a golden arrow of light pierce the wolf’s back, straight into its heart. The wolf fell, crushing the dead dog, and started to burn. There was no fire, but the wolf’s remains crumbled into ash.
The girl in black picked up the arrow, covered in black blood. “There is a place in the back where you shoot through the spine and into the heart.” She grunted, as if telling off the wolf, spitting on the ash. Soon, the ash blew away, only revealing the dead dog’s remains.
A strand of pure black hair fell out of the girl’s hood, and she tucked it back in with a colorless hand. I saw her put her hand on the dog, and she began to whisper to it, as though praying.
Then, the dream ended.
I awoke with shock, sweat dripping off my face. I noticed Nikki watching me with concern.
“Mary, what is it?”
I gulped in a huge breath of air, and I felt like I was out of breath. “You were right; it is Red Riding Hood.”
“Did you have a dream about the S.A. being hunted? Did you catch what she looked like, or what her name was?” Nikki stiffened.
I nodded. “Yes, and no,”
“Yes and no?”
I took a sharp intake of breath. “I think the S.A. just killed the wolf.”

No comments:

Post a Comment